Monday, December 6, 2010

Why Judy Garland?

There are three "Whys?" I get regularly---  Los Angeles Westsiders ask "Why Pasadena?", then theres "Why, 'Days of Our Lives'?" won't get into who asks that---  The third is, "Why Judy Garland?"
It's no secret that of all my loves--  Judy Garland remains at the top--  I truly believe Judy gets/got a bad rap---  Many have felt and feel that, although talented--  She was an unhappy, boozed up-- pill popping mess---  This has been the predominating theory since at least the fifties---  Here's my take on all this---
I believe that on rare occasions,  people are born special--  Judy Garland was blessed with a mix of intelligence, wit, instrument and empathy----  And on top of that--  star quality/charisma--  I feel it when I see her films and hear her voice---  it all shines through.  She always gave her all--  took risks--  challenged herself---  Meant the best--  these are qualities  I admire--  her life was filled with craziness and yet she was able to channel something miraculous and beautiful---

2 comments:

  1. I agree - some people are so special it shines through, no matter what they suffer through or the mistakes they make. I still have the love for Judy you passed on to me! I'm getting ready to watch A Star is Born with Audrey - hope she likes it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I just watch "A Star is Born". She was truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete