Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dress Me Up

It's funny how little my taste in clothes has changed since I was a child.....  What I wear to work on an average Tuesday might be the same as what I sported in 1974.....   Levis, 'Topsiders', Chunky belt topped off with an 'alligator' shirt---  Now that I think about it--  my choices were maybe gutsier back then.....
For instance, the outfit above--  those striped pants with brown ringed 'Fry' boots---  at church no less--
I remember going to the Bayshores school bus stop---  enjoying the 'woosh' my bell bottoms made as I walked.....  There were favorite items too--  a burgundy turtleneck nylon sweater---  vertical textured stripes with a zipper---  the end of which had a ring---  or a short sleeve shirt--  red placket front had small red (again...) naive drawings of birds---  Fabulous!  It's true in the eighties ( my twenties...) There were some horrible choices..... Most notably---  Black pointy toed cowboy boots--  awful!  Or moccasins--- a scarf around my head and shorts (granted we were going dancing....)  It cracks me up that 'the kids today' emulate that aesthetic---  It's cool however to, 'throw it all away' and just do whatever-----  I still believe that---

No comments:

Post a Comment